Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sketch-tastic!

Hello!  Kristin here, I thought I'd chime in tonight with some interesting things I've come across recently.  
First up, this is courtesy of Hi-Fructose magazine
Attaboy and Annie Owens at Sketch Tuesday


Gather a big bunch of artists together for some intensive drawing (and art-selling) time.  Music, libations, and watching the art flow.  This particular bunch of folks gather for a monthly art event such as this, hear that? 
Obviously, the Bay Area has a high concentration of creative types, but I'm willing to bet that we could arrange something like this here in VT sometime.  


My second offering is 

Their mission:  The Campaign's work will finish when the words 'I can't draw' are dropped from our vocabulary.  
It's a lofty goal, but why not aim for it?


Seems like the time is ripe, my friends!  I'd love to see an event like this take place here in Vermont.


Whoops, before I forget, there is one local event that I have heard good things about but have yet to attend:  
"Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School" which some of you may have read about in Seven Days.  
For those of you down in the White River Junction area, check it out!  I'm waiting to hear when the Waitsfield chapter will reopen at the Big Picture Theater, which would certainly be an easier commute on a weeknight!


That's all for tonight.  Hope it inspired you to crack open the sketchbook. 

No comments: